Based in Halesowen, West Midlands, we are a short drive from M5 Junction 3 on the main route between Halesowen and Dudley.
The town’s Anglo-Saxon origins can be deduced from the fact that Netherton means ‘lower farm’ in Old English (the corresponding ‘upper farm’ may have been the original settlement in present-day Dudley). For most of its history, Netherton was a small village centred around the point where a brook crossed the Baptist End Road, near the boundary of Pensnett Chase, a partially wooded common.
Netherton is mentioned in legal records dating from 1420 and the first mention of a Netherton nailor, an occupation that became very important locally in later years, is dated 1559. The village is called ‘Nederton’ in the earliest available documents. The village was included in the Manor of Dudley, which was a Lordship of the Barons of Dudley who once owned a manor house in Netherton. This property is mentioned in documents dating from the 15th–17th centuries. (source: Wikipedia)